Backbone Youth Arts and Open Doors have opened registrations for young people aged between 12 – 24 who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual and/or transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) to be part of an 8 week series of FREE weekly workshops being run at the East Brisbane Bowls Club.
This is a safe space to take artistic risks. You will have the opportunity to learn and explore a range of performance and artistic skills directed by the interests of the participants, supported by Backbone facilitators and guest industry professionals. The aim of the program is to work on a collaborative piece for public showing later in the year.
The workshops will be held every Thursday from 4.30pm – 6.30pm starting on August 24
Where: 38 Lytton Road, East Brisbane
Our top 5 ways to get here:
1) Catch a city cat to the Mowbray Park Ferry Terminal and walk about 50 meters to the bowls club through picturesque Mowbray Park.
2) Catch a bus to the East Brisbane Bowls Club stop on Lytton Road, just outside our front door.
3) Ride a bike or walk using the bike paths surrounding the EBBC.
4) Drive to East Brisbane and park in one of the streets across the road, stop and grab sushi on the way over at some of the awesome sushi places nearby.
5) Drive down Shafston Avenue and turn into Park Avenue, find a park there and walk through Mowbray Park up to the EBBC.
For a map please click the link here
To register your interest in this program please complete this online form: