be our backbone
What have we done in 2016?
- In January we presented the Backbone 2high Festival of Art, Science and Ideas at Metro Arts. This festival created a space for artists and scientists to gather, share insights and be part of a centralised utopia where people from all walks of life, genders, cultural backgrounds could feel safe to explore their truth.
- We presented children’s workshops on the Gold Coast to over 60 children at the Gold Coast Arts Centre.
- We travelled to Indonesia and ran workshops with a remote International school, where we talked about emotional intelligence and how important it is to understand our own and other’s feelings.
- Throughout the year we have been negotiating and planning with our local council to secure a new venue, an innovation sandbox that will bring a stable home to not just Backbone, but artists, creative entrepreneurs and critical thinkers from across the country.
- Our new online website – THIS IS HOW WE DO IT has arrived. And like all good digital stories, this one invites you to contribute and participate.
- Workshops for children and young people have continued throughout the year, and we have connected with a recent 2high Alumni member to deliver these workshops at the West End Croquet Club in Musgrave Park.
- Masterclasses for emerging artists aged 16+.
- We have applied for grants, tenders, commercial contracts.
- We have developed a new strategic plan for the company.
- We have held our AGM and welcomed new members to the company.
- We have created a new Youth Council.
Where will your donations go?
Backbone is an incorporated not for profit with DGR status. This means every donation you make over $2 is completely tax deductible.
All of our donations contribute to the running of our programs, improving our services and resources and keeping our organisation alive! Our donors are a vital component to the organisations’ ongoing sustainability.
Make a donation today:
Backbone Youth Arts Association
Account number: 294053
Reference: YOUR FULL NAME
For a receipt for taxation purposes please email us – email@example.com.